I shared with you in the last post which you can get here that “Personal productivity is not just about checking boxes off your to-do list; it is about making sure you are getting the right things done, in the right time frame, in an effective way in all areas of our lives. To increase your productivity, you either need to increase the output or reduce the time it takes or do a combination of both”.
There are also 7 Keys to achieving Optimum Personal Productivity.
Despite knowing the importance of Personal Productivity, you might still be thinking about why you haven’t gotten as much done as you’d like.
These 7 Keys will help you to radically increase your productivity, to achieve more with less effort, to take control of your days and also your energy.
The 7 Keys include:
1. Know What You Want
- Why clarity of purpose and clear goals are so important
- Confused about what you really want? Let inspiration and passion be your guide
- Don’t let the tail wag the dog — recognize when it’s time to take charge
- Confidence and personal productivity: how the two are intertwined
2. Establishing Priorities
- Take the WMIT — What’s Most Important Test — a helpful tool for identifying your top priorities
- How to know what to do first when everything seems urgent
- Why everything you think is important right now isn’t
- How to avoid the top mistakes people make when establishing priorities
3. Creating and Executing Action Plans
- Key components of every effective action plan
- Shortterm and longterm planning perspectives
- The essential steps of transforming rough ideas into concrete action plans
- How to establish ontarget action plan timelines
- Backup and contingency planning how tos
4. Staying Focused and Fired Up!
- Is energy drain preventing you from being your best? What to do about it
- How to stay pumped up in the face of big challenges
- Rest is important — but how much is enough and how much is too much?
- The importance of creating distraction-free zones
- How bad do you want it? Keys to staying fired up
5. Managing Time and Projects
- Is multitasking a good or bad idea?
- Tackling the timewasters that’ll zap your productivity
- All hours aren’t equal: understanding your personal peak productivity zones
- How to beat perfectionism and procrastination for good
- Scheduling time and meetings for optimal outcomes
- The basics of smart project management
6. Tapping Into Support and Resources
- You can’t do it all: 5 ways to enlist the support you need
- Are inadequate resources threatening your productivity? How to know for sure and what to do about it
- You’re never your best if you’re always alone: how connecting with others feeds your productivity
- The smart and not so smart uses of today’s smart technologies
- How supporting others today will magnify your productivity tomorrow
7. Maintaining Your Edge for the Long Haul
- Why continual learning is critical to performing at your peak
- How to find time for training in an already busy schedule
- How your future goals can help you create your current professional development plan
These keys will help you to set your focus on what matters most, enlist the support and resources you need, manage your peak energy times, and establish smart action plans to accomplish your goals. You’ll eliminate the roadblocks that are holding you back now and adopt new patterns that will fuel your success from now on.
When it comes down to it, your ability to be phenomenally productive will make ALL the difference in the success you achieve in life.
My advice for you is that you go over these keys and make sure you pay adequate attention to them and watch how your personal productivity skyrocket.
You can also check out other amazing business tips here.